Saturday, June 28, 2014

Update!







      Hello! Sophie Mae here, and this is my special baby! I love to carry her around with me and tuck her into her stroller to go on walks. Oh boy we've got a lot to tell you! In this post I'm going to tell you about Daddy's jobs, Mommy's school, and all about me.






      Well Daddy started the year working at his job delivering water and coffee, but after he had a lumbar strain and a twisted spine (OUCH!) he wasn't recovering very quickly at all. He used up all of the physical therapy they let him have and the doctor still said he wasn't good to go back to full duty so he knew he needed to change jobs. Now he's been working for a pizza place and bar in Port Aransas. He gets lots of tips and on his off days he plays with me! He started a second job working at a fish house also in Port A, but he was working so much I never got to see him at all. Now he's back to mostly one job and I get to have breakfast with him every morning! Oh yeah, and he should be starting school at Del Mar college in the fall! He's working on paperwork for it right now. I am so proud of my daddy!

      Mommy is still working hard at school. She could graduate in December, but decided to take fewer classes in the fall and graduate in Spring instead. Right now she's studying physiological psychology and takes her finals this coming week! She started volunteering for a pregnancy resource center, but hasn't been able to go the last couple weeks because I have been sick and injured (more on that in a sec). Hopefully she will get back to volunteering this week!

      And now for me... I've had it rough the last couple weeks. First I got bug bites that made my legs swell up so big Mommy took me to urgent care! They hurt soo bad they took 2 weeks to really get better and they are still not gone. This week I got sick with a tummy bug, I am doing better, but I still feel a little bad sometimes and Mommy thinks that makes me grouchy. I don't think I'm grouchy at all!

      So guess what?? I've really grown a lot! I am almost 28 pounds and right about 35 inches tall! My favorite things to do now are learn new words and sing songs I make up myself. I love to dance and go slide at the water park. My favorite colors are yellow and blue, but my favorite color to paint with is pink. I can count to fifteen and I know all the basic shapes and colors. I try to write the letter S a lot, but Mommy says it looks like a Z and sometimes it's backwards. I write and write and write with my crayons every day, but once they're broken I won't touch them. My room is always messy and I like to sleep on the floor a lot, but I also like to line my toys up really neatly sometimes and make lines with them.

      My favorite instrument is the harmonica. I like to play it as much as I can, but I also like my xylophone. My favorite food is oatmeal, my favorite fruit is a peach, my favorite drink is strawberry milk, and my favorite veggies are green beans. There's so much more I'm learning every day! I also have an amazing memory now, I remember things that happened months ago and I don't forget people barely at all. Mommy says it's amazing since she doesn't have a good memory for any of that. I even know the names of everyone in my daycare, even the kids that aren't in my class!

      Speaking of daycare, I am at the top of the waiting list now for a montessori school. I hope I get in soon! Mommy says I am very advanced and that's why I'm always with the older kids at my daycare so I would really learn a lot at a montessori school. I can't wait!

      Well, I guess that's it for now. I can't wait for people to come visit us this summer! See you soon!

Sincerely,
              Sophie


No comments:

Post a Comment