Sunday, July 1, 2012

Preparing for the 4th




   Well hello there...

   Guess you caught me while I was eating! I know I only just updated you yesterday, but I just had to come on and write a new post!




   Today we were preparing for the 4th of July! We put flags around the house and Mommy told me all about fireworks. They're these big beautiful explosions of light in the sky! There's supposed to be a stunning display of them over the water where we live. I'm so excited, I hope I get to see some on Wednesday!

   So after Mommy told me about fireworks she told me about how even though we call it the Fourth of July, it's actually Independence Day and we are celebrating our freedom and independence as a country. Then she talked a bunch about politics and I stopped listening. Then we took pictures!!







I loved playing with that flag, it was tasty!










   I'm so excited for the 4th! That day's extra special because my one of my godmother's is coming to visit! I say one because she is the godmother my Mommy and Daddy picked, then because I'm catholic, I needed to have a godmother who I can ask about the faith when I get older, that one's my Grandma! Anyways godmother #1 is Christi! I'm so excited because she and her fiance Eddie are coming to visit for 4 days!!! I'm sososososo excited!

   Well, Mommy says we need to get to cleaning my room now before I go to bed so I've gotta go. See you soon!

Sincerely,
              Sophie


4 comments:

  1. I'm pretty excited about them coming to visit too.. a little disappointed I'm not going to be able to see any fireworks though :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fireworks start around 9-9:30, if we pick a place to see them ahead of time, maybe you can meet us there and still see some good ones! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm so unbelievably excited as well! I can't wait to see you guys <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Unfortunately it doesn't look like we'll have enough money to rent a boat, but we are still on for the beach and I was thinking we could have a BBQ by the pool while you're here too!

      Delete